Monday, April 18, 2005

Back from Geneva and Vienna

Just returned from Geneva and Vienna. Weather was so-so, cloudy with a drizzle. In Geneva it was also rather cold. Why do the shops there close so early? Everything closes at 7 pm, and some shop owners close earlier than that, even though they have a sign with 7 pm on it at the door. I missed Zogg's the first day by about 10 minutes, but managed to be there on time the next day. I finally bought some chocolates from Zogg's (3 rue du Mont-Blanc) and from Gilles Desplanches (2 Confederation, Place Bel-Air). Prices are at around 95 Swiss francs per kilo, which is about 65 Euro. Both excellent, although I think that Gilles Desplanches may be slightly better. After returning home I tried to get into Zogg's web site (www.jpzogg.ch) but it does not seem to work. I will try again tomorrow.
In Vienna I had a Sacher Torte at the Sacher hotel. Nice, but not completely to my taste. The freshly squeezed orange juice was better. Next time I think I will try the Coupe Romanoff. Vienna is a very impressive city (the old town). Unfortunately I did not have time for anything more than a quick stroll yesterday evening. I would love to go to some of the museums, and especially the Leonardo Da Vinci exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment